Paramount Private Estate Baldivis
First Home Owners Grant

first home buyers

First Home Owners Grant

If you’re building your first home, you could qualify for the First Home Owner Grant (FHOG), a one-off $10,000 payment from the Western Australian Government.

What is the FHOG?

The FHOG, or the First Home Owner Grant, is a one-time payment that is awarded as a way to encourage and also assist eligible first time home buyers with buying or building a residential property that is to be used as a primary residence.

The first time homeowners that qualify for the grant when purchasing an established home may also qualify when building or purchasing a brand new home. There are several stipulations that must be met to receive the grant. There are caps on the total value of the home that are determined geographically. Grants are only awarded to property buyers that are planning to occupy the home, and there are other eligibility criteria that must be met by the applicants.

If a buyer is eligible for the grant, there is a duty concession that will apply if the value of the property is below a certain threshold.

Eligibility Criteria

In order to be eligible for the FHOG:

  • The applicant must be a person and be over the age of 18.
  • The applicant must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
  • The applicant or the applicant’s spouse may not have received an FHOG previously.
  • The applicant or the applicant’s spouse may not have owned residential property in Australia before 7/1/2000.
  • The applicant must have ownership of the land on which the home is built.

New homes, like those being built at Paramount, can be eligible for up to a $10,000 grant! Visit the Department of Finance website to find a full FHOG guide, videos that explain the grant and the eligibility requirements, and to find out if you are eligible.

Your new home awaits at Paramount! Take advantage of the First Home Owner Grant and see yourself in your very own property.

Please feel free to ask one of our friendly sales representatives if you need any assistance.